This I must say was really good and gets top rating.
Low Carb Thin Pizza Crust
|(Pic shows unbaked pizza crust)|
1 whole egg
3 egg whites, or 1/3 cup carton egg whites
2 cups shredded part skim Mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Parmasen Cheese, optional
Salt, to taste
Italian seasonings, to taste
Onion powder, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
2 Tbsp each flax meal and coconut flour or almond flour, optional
- In a bowl, mix egg with egg whites, or carton egg whites.
- Add shredded part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Add desired amounts of salt, Italian seasonings, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Add flax meal and coconut flour or almond flour and mix all ingredients well.
- Spread mixture on greased parchment lined pizza pan or cookie sheet. Press mixture evenly from center to edges. (Very important to grease parchment paper or crust will stick to pan).
- Bake at 450 for 20 minutes (crust can be turned after 15 minutes for extra crispy crust.)
Once crust has cooled, top with pizza sauce and desired toppings. Heat in 350 degree oven until toppings are heated through, 10 - 15 minutes.
Makes one large size pizza.
Serving size: 1/8 of pizza
> Almond flour can be used instead of coconut flour.
> Flax meal and flours can be left out, but helps with binding
> I sprinkled about 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese in mixture.
> Check after 15 minutes of baking. I think 20 minutes is a little too long and my crust was rather dark on the bottom which made it a little too crispy.
> Crust held the weight of toppings amazingly well.
Nutrition per slice (Crust Only): Calories 173, Fat 11gm, Carb 3 gm, Fiber 1.4 gm,
Protein 13.5 gm.
Important to check sauce label...Ragu and Prego pizza sauces have added sugar and carbs are 9 -11 grams per serving. Kroger brand, pizza parlor style sauce, has no added sugar and carbs are 4 grams per serving. Read those labels!