Thursday, March 28, 2019

Instant Pot Brain Explosion Realization

Years ago when I first heard of the Instant Pot (IP) I was like "oh another kitchen gadget that will take up counter space" I'm late to the IP game, but let me tell you, the IP can take up as much counter space as it wants!

I'm definitely hooked and sometimes I think I need two!

I bought it for my husband to use (haha) and it's become MY main cooking appliance. I HAVE used a pressure cooker before as I own an older stove top model that has the little rocker valve on the lid. I was never afraid of it but it did need attention, increasing and decreasing the flame to keep the rocker rocking at an even rhythm. 

What I love about the IP is the set it and move on to something else and when the pot beeps, supper is ready function.....Amazing! 

Thus far I have cooked pinto beans, chicken noodle soup using chicken from a whole chicken cooked in the IP.  I'll always now cook ribs in the IP. Rice is amazing! Boiled eggs are amazing! Whole baked sweet potatoes are awesome. I did Jambalaya today, again using meat from a whole chicken cooked in the IP. I cook a chicken a week now and use the meat in meals.

I've done spaghetti, pork roast, corned beef and cabbage, a whole unpeeled butternut squash and a bunch of fresh veggies. Scramble eggs are the best under pressure....cook and eat out of the same bowl. Clean-up is a snap! Oh and I've proofed bread. So many things I've not yet tried and Pinterest is full of ideas! I'm surprised I've not bombed any meals thus far. 


Melt in your mouth ribs (25 minutes under pressure and 10 minutes finishing in the oven)

Whole chicken that falls apart. (40 minutes under pressure)

The golden chicken broth is a bonus

Never fail easy to peel boiled eggs (6 minutes under pressure)


Homemade chicken noodle soup
(12 minutes under pressure. I was unsure about the noodles so I switched the IP to saute and added the noodles and cooked until noodles were tender)

Jambalaya (12 minutes under pressure using pre-cooked meats)

I use the IP so much that when my mother recently wanted to heat up some soup on the gas stove we discovered we were totally out of propane and didn't even know it bc it's been weeks since I've used the stove and I generally cook something every day! 

Happy Cooking!
Happy Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. I enjoy reading what is happening in your world. Comments will be posted after moderation.